Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weston's Wall Art

This was such an easy and fast way of adding color and art to the walls! All you need is fabric and embroidery hoops (not sure if that is what they are called??). After putting fabric in each hoop I just hung them all over his wall above the crib.  I could use another small hoop under the W, but I was afraid he would be able to reach it in a few months. So it may look a little off, but oh well!
I love it!!

Next: Make curtains for his bedroom! I have a pastel green polka dot fabric being shipped to JoAnne Fabrics (hopefully it will look a little lime when it comes in but it depends on the dye). It should be in by the end of next week. I plan to take the extra fabric from the hoops to make patchwork tiebacks for the curtains!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yep that is what they are called...smart move on not hanging too low..I would be afraid of the hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you posted something about keeping it out of reach I moved them all up. I was afraid he could put the hoops around his neck?? So they are up high enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and easy idea! I just love Pinterest. The Kitchen art came out wonderful as well. I wish George and I could fast forward to buying a new house so I can start strategizing on home new decor! The millions on tractors are starting to get a little old...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fabric filled hoops look awesome...

    ReplyDelete