Friday, January 27, 2012

Weston's Silhouette

Last year my mother cut out a silhouette of Weston and framed it. She gave it to us for Christmas from Weston. I LOVED it! The silhouette was when he was first born laying in the hospital crib. 
I want to do this every year right around his birthday. I took a side profile pic of him and printed it as a 5x7 (fast draft on regular computer paper). 

Oh my... look at those chunker cheeks!
Then, I laid the printed picture on top of black cardstock and used an X-acto knife to cut around his profile. 
I was just going to mount his silhouette on white cardstock, but thought scrapbook paper would give it a little more character. I found this paper in my stash and loved the vintage look. 
After cutting it to fit the frame, I mounted his silhouette on the scrapbook paper. Then put it in the frame (I have SOOOO many black frames packed away in the barn so I just used one of them). I LOVE IT! Now his 1 year old silhouette took place of his newborn silhouette on the shelf. It would be neat to have them displayed together throughout the years. So I will be tucking it away somewhere safe until then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment