Monday, January 23, 2012

$70 Grocery Shopping Challenge


Today is Monday which means grocery day! :) After Weston and I got ready for the day, we headed to Wal-Mart. I had my grocery list with all of the items I NEEDED for the week and a pen to write down how much each item cost so I could keep track. I also set the alarm on my phone because I had to make it to Weston's gymastics class by 10:20. I had less than a half an hour to get the food and get out! Anyway... on the back of my list I jotted down a few things that I really did not need (onesies for Weston and mascara). 

Let me just tell you I was seriously LOVING this challenge! I was on a mission. By the end of the trip, my cart was not even half way full but I bought what I needed for the week. I told the cashier all about my challenge. I was proud of myself! 

My total was $58.20! So I added in the two onesies for Weston which made the total $64.23. I DID IT!! Wahooo!  Compared to the $150 I usually spend... this is amazing! Looking forward to next week's grocery shopping trip! (Never thought I would say that!)

2 comments:

  1. week 2 was my killer...but week 3 helped make up for it (hopefully week 4 - this week will too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek... scared for week 2! I can do it! I can do it! (I think!??!) Good luck with week 4!

      Delete