Friday, January 13, 2012

Ugh.


Ugh. 
My whole week was planned- take the whole week off and get ready for a fun weekend with my C'ville family in Charlotte, NC. I (we) have been so pumped to see everyone especially to meet the new addition to our family, baby Jane. The hotel was set, I had my mom drop off the high chair seat, and I even bought a new monitor (thinking we would use it in the hotel if we hung out in someone's room). Chad and I felt like we were getting a cold earlier in the week so we both ran to the drug store and bought everything possible to stop the cold before it got worse. NOTHING was going to stop me from going to Charlotte.

And then it hit me. The stomach bug. By 9pm on Wednesday night I got sick. Very sick. I could not keep anything down. The next morning I was still sick and pretty much laid on the floor all day long. I never realized how hard it is to take care of a baby while being sick as a dog. I mean it is ridiculously hard! What the heck do mothers do when they are sick and have more than one child to care for?!?!? It took everything in me just to change his diaper or lift him into his high chair.  And I think he knew. W knew I was not feeling well. He played so nicely on the floor right next to me. He would crawl over to me several times and try to kiss me. Poor thing probably didn't understand why I kept hiding my face in the pillow when he was trying to be so sweet.The funniest part of the day was when I was puking in the bathroom and Weston was making puking noises behind me. I did laugh a little. :)

But by 4:00 I was not sure if I could keep doing this (watching him and being so sick). And W did not want to take an afternoon nap. I put him in his crib then I crashed into my bed and passed out. He screamed and cried until he eventually fell asleep for only 15 minutes. That was it! Then we headed back downstairs on the floor until 6:30. And by then he was pretty tired and went to sleep for the night. Chad got home around 7:30 and brought me some chicken noodle soup from Panera! Yum! I slurped it up and went right back to sleep. We ended up canceling our stay in Charlotte. :(

Now today I feel amazing. Like I was never sick yesterday. It stinks because I would seriously leave to go see our C'ville family, but I would feel absolutely terrible if I ended up giving my germs to one of them or if Weston or Chad ended up getting the bug while we are down there. So I guess the right thing to do is stay home. :(

To my C'ville fam... I miss you and love you all!!! Hopefully I will be seeing you all soon?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment