Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lens Buddy

This morning Weston and I woke up and tip-toed quietly down our creaky stairs trying not to wake Daddy. Chad worked until 4am last night finishing up a project for work that is due on Tuesday when he returns. Weston was in the best mood this morning despite his never-ending runny nose, horsy voice, and cough. He played with his tool set as I decided to get a little crafty! I have been wanting to make a buddy for my camera lens. That way my client's kiddos will have something fun to look/smile at! :)
I found this "Shutterbuddy" on Etsy and definitely knew I could remake it for a lot cheaper!
I went through my felt stash and picked some fun colors for my little yellow parrot! My mom gave me her 1990's scrunchie so I did not have to make the base of it. Then I cut out all of the parrot's parts: eyes, lids, eyelashes, nose, wings, and feet. His eye balls are buttons! 
I thought Weston would love playing with all of the colorful felt pieces. Instead he blew his nose in them! So I had a pile of snotty scraps that I had to throw away. Yuck! Well, at least he likes to blow his nose!!! When you give him a tissue he will blow. Lil' stinker.
I LOVE IT! So cute and just love the cheerful colors. I probably should name her? By the way it took about a half hour to make and I used all of my scraps! Definitely a lot better than $23 (that is how much the purple parrot costs on Etsy). Oh wait.... $26 including shipping. So proud of myself!
This is my craft cabinet. Before I had a craft room but now everything is in this one cabinet. Well I do have a few boxes stashed in other areas around the house/barn. Looks like I need to do a little organizing... ya think?!?

1 comment: