Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bathroom Remodel- Before

We have 1.5 baths in our tiny little home. On the main floor we have a half bath off of the kitchen and upstairs in the middle of our bedroom and Weston's bedroom we have a whole bath. We have NEVER liked this bathroom. The claw foot tub HAS to go! So many people say that they would love to have a claw foot tub. No you would not! First they are super hard to bathe a child in and second taking a bath in one is absolutely miserable... so uncomfortable. I cannot wait until the day I have a normal bath tub!!! 
So here are a few pics of our bathroom:
 As you walk in the bathroom you can see that there must be a window, but it is blocked by the tub/shower curtain. I do have a nice curtain that usually covers the plastic curtains, but I just took it down to wash it. Here is the wall as you come in. There is a hideous purple vanity and to the side of it is a brick chimney. Most of the vanity shelving is open so Weston gets into the baskets ALL the time. I end up just shoving everything back in disarray. We are planning to put our toilet here and have wainscoting around the whole room. The chimney will still show (which I love) but not as much because on the next wall where the toilet is now we will be installing the bath/shower.



 We are planning to get a drop in tub so we can have the wainscoting going up the side of the tub. We are still unsure what kind of tile we want for the walls above the tub. Chad will have to move the radiator heater which might be quite a task?? 
 
Then against the wall where we have Chad’s towel rack will be our new vanity. I am thinking we are going to get a white vanity with a darker counter-top, but we are still deciding on that. Below is a link to a picture of a vanity that I love! Our floors will most likely be a gray (not too dark though).


I would like to keep the existing door because it does show the character of the house.  The colors that I want in the room are going to be gray, yellow, and white.
I have been pinning some ideas for the room:

So here is our plan for each weekend. 
Weekend of:
January 21 & 22- Tear out the floor, vanity, and toilet. Move plumbing around. 
January 28 & 29- Level the floor. Drywall up. New shower framed. 
February 4 & 5- New tub installed. Finish tiling the floor and tub wall. Install toilet. 
February 11 & 12- Install vanity, lights, and wainscoting.
February 18 & 19- Paint walls and ceiling. 
Next following week: Decorate!

We are not sure if this is even possible. Every weekend I have photoshoots which means that Chad will have to watch Weston. So our goal is to finish by the first of March. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a half more bathroom then I have! I hope I live long enough to add more bathrooms to this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a post about old houses vs new houses! Then I jumped to your blog and see your redoing the bathroom. You guys will be in my thoughts. I hope that everything goes as planned. It will be amazing when it's done. Good luck! Ps don't just trash the tub they are worth money.

    ReplyDelete