Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Scrap Gift! {beanbags}

This weekend Weston and I will be going to a first birthday party for a little girl . The invitation said no gifts please, but I would still like to give her something little. I decided to try to make her something with stuff I already have around the house. I have TONS of scrap fabric, 3 bags of beans in my craft closet, and thought beanbags would be perfect! 

If you do not have a rotary cutter you will just have to go out and get one! You can cut multiple fabrics at once. I printed a 4"x4" square template and cut 5 pieces of colorful fabric (front of beanbag) and 5 pieces of muslin fabric (back of beanbag).
4"x4" beanbag template
Then, I pinned the pieces with the patterned side facing each other and sewed them together leaving about a half of an inch to stuff beans in the hole. After bringing the fabric through the hole to see the shell of the bean bag, I made sure to iron it.
I filled the bean bags with pinto beans because that is what I had. Any beans would work. Then I sewed the hole together and DONE! Super easy. :)
I have a fun beanbag song/exercise cd that I would always play for my kindergarteners. So I burned that and printed a cd label for that. Weston also helped adding stickers to the cd! :)
I even used scraps of scrapbook paper to embellish the bag and scrap ribbon too!! I loved how this gift is all homemade and it cost me nothing because I already had all of the materials! :) I LOVE receiving homemade gifts and hope that baby C will too!
Beanbags for C! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment