Thursday, February 2, 2012

$70 Grocery Shopping Challenge- Week 2

This week's $70 Grocery Shopping Challenge was not as bad as I thought it would be! Instead of going on Monday morning before Weston's gymnastics class, I went on Sunday night once I put him to bed. It was nice going without having to keep him entertained and happy the whole time. I made a slight adjustment to this challenge ;) ... dog food will not be included! I planned out dinners for the whole week and again tried using things we had in the pantry before getting all new stuff. Now that our pantry is looking pretty empty, I am thinking the next few shopping trips are going to be a REAL challenge. I did forget to buy cookies for the week. Chad and I usually have the individually wrapped packs of Oreos for dessert at night after dinner (that way we do not eat tons of cookies because that could be pretty easy). Today we are totally out of sweets so I will be making some cookies sometime this evening. I need chocolate! ;)
My total grocery purchase for this week: $64.27!! Way to go, Me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment