Monday, February 20, 2012

Daddy Time and Baked Mac & Cheese with Broccoli

I am sitting here tearing up and smiling the biggest smile possible just listening to Chad read Weston books before bath time. “On the night you were born the moon smiled with such wonder…” then Chad adds “You probably do not remember the night you were born. You probably do not even remember yesterday.” Ha ha. At the end of the first page Weston gets a little wiggly and Chad says “And lets skip to the last page and wrap this book up.” I love this book so much, but Weston is not a big fan of it. 

Chad told him to put the book away and pick out a new one. Weston tottered over to the bookshelf and kept rotating the square book trying to find the shortest side to add to the stacked books.  I eventually helped him squeeze the book into the bookshelf and he found another book “Where is My Valentine” lift flap book and he made his way back to daddy. Chad continued to read to him. Three books later Weston and Chad headed for the bathroom- bathtime!

Today was such a great start of the week! Chad had off of work for Presidents Day. He worked until lunch time on the bathroom and then we spent the rest of the day together as a family. I tried a new recipe tonight: Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli. It is actually a Weight Watchers recipe too! I added cut up grilled chicken to it as well. Chad and I loved it, but Weston did not like it. He is doing such a great job using his fork, but after getting the macaroni in his mouth he would spit it back out. Not sure if it was the onion or cheese? Maybe broccoli? This recipe made enough for another whole meal! So I froze half of it for next month. Yum! 

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite book too! I cry everytime I read it to Ben. He actually likes it now because he knows the animals and can tell me what they say, lol.
    P.S.
    Glad you guys had a nice family day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! I remember you telling me it was your favorite. :)

      Delete