Friday, May 11, 2012

Pee Pee on the Potty

My almost 17 month old baby... I mean little boy is now going pee pee on the potty!
A few weeks ago, Weston started telling us when he had to go to the bathroom. In the back of my head I was wondering if I could actually give potty training a try even though I thought he was so young. I decided to ask him the question "Do you want to go pee pee or poopy on the potty like Mommy and Daddy?" He looked at me and smiled and then headed to the bathroom. I guess that is a yes? I did not even have a kid potty chair at the time, so I just plopped him on the toilet and held on to him tightly so he would not fall in. He pushed... he actually knew what he was doing!! No poopy (lots of toots though), but he did pee! After that we tried using the toilet a few times, but I did not push it. 
Then, this week Weston started telling me a lot when he felt the urge to go potty. He went pee on the toilet at home and then again at Gaga's house (she said she wouldn't believe it unless she saw it for herself). I took the little kid potty home with me and ever since then he has been going pee pee on the potty! Of course in his diaper too, but I guess it is good to start exposing him to the potty. Today I gave him a chocolate chip for peeing on the potty! What a big boy. 
Pictures from last night... showing Daddy how he pees on the potty:
Yay! He went pee in the potty! He thought it was juice. Ha ha :)
UPDATE: Weston went poopy on the potty this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HaHa, as long as he doesn't attempt to drink it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats! What a smart little cookie you have there!

    ReplyDelete