Monday, May 14, 2012

Lucky Mom

Mother's Day felt extra special this year. I had such an amazing day home with Chad and Weston. We spent most of our day outside mulching the gardens, finding the perfect hanging baskets for around the home, and simply playing with each other. I enjoyed every minute second. I love my life. I am the luckiest mom. 
Chad made me delicious waffles for breakfast.
Chad and Weston mulching the garden.
Chad and I took several breaks from mulching (we had a lot to mulch since it has been about 3 years since the last time we did it) and sat back to watch Weston interact with his two favorite furry friends...
Weston woke up from his nap super grouchy. So we knew what would make him happy- the water table. :)
And then of course the swing. He sure looks happy now :)
 The backyard. Love the hanging baskets and window boxes. 
After showers, we headed for my sister's house. We only stayed a bit, but this definitely made my day...

And now it is Monday. Last week I started a new schedule. I now work early in the mornings (replying to emails, packaging, and editing) for about 2-3 hours. Then the rest of the day (unless I have a photoshoot planned) is for me! I LOOOOVE it! I am not as stressed out and I am enjoying it so much more. It is the perfect schedule. And then if I do not quite finish everything I had planned, then I will work at night. So far I haven't had to though. :) I am also starting to gather a few ideas for a new logo/watermark, packaging supplies, a new layout for my website, etc. I want it all to match and reflect my personality! I hope to have it all ready by September. I am also considering trying to do a photography blog again. It just takes a lot of time so we will see about that. 

Today Weston and I began "Mommy School". When I was a teacher, I came across the Oopey Daisy blog. Alison (the queen of Oopsey Daisies) used to be a first grade teacher and now stays at home with her adorable son. When he was 18 months she began mommy school and would have a theme a week. I absolutley love this idea!  My three favorite things-  Weston, teaching and taking pictures of all the fun activities. I am planning to get some ideas from her blog, but also come up with my own ideas. This week the theme will be Transportation. Weston is obsessed with anything that has wheels so he will be in his glory. I cannot wait to share what we learn throughout the week! We had a blast today! Did I say I am the luckiest mom?!

Enjoy last week's pictures from my phone:

No comments:

Post a Comment