Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mom's Car Box

A few weeks ago, Weston and I had the whole day planned outside of the house: Fundamentals, shop a bit, meet Mom at the bagel shop for lunch, and then have a playdate at the park. When I leave the house I usually double check the diaper bag for extra diapers, wipes, food, sippy cup, etc. Well this time I forgot to do that! Of course I had only two diapers left and Weston decided to poop three separate times! After changing him into his last diaper, I started to panic because I did not have any more diapers left and I had a good three more hours before we were to return home. And then… what’s that smell? Weston! He pooped for the third time and this time I did not have a diaper to put him in! Just wonderful. I searched the store I was in for a mother with a child who was around Weston’s size! I found one! I asked her kindly if I could borrow… no HAVE a diaper. She ran out to her car as I watched her two little kids. As she came back into the store she said “We mother’s need to stick together”. So true. Thank you to that mom for saving the day! Later at the park, I also realized I forgot sunblock. And again thanks to the other mom for sharing her kid’s sunblock with me!

A few days ago I saw a Car Emergency Box on Pinterest and decided this is what I NEEDED to do so I did not have another “diaperless” outing. I bought a container at Wal-Mart for $5 and filled it with things I may need:
-          Diapers
-          Wipes
-          Extra outfit
-          Sunblock
-          $5 bill
-          Ibuprofen
-          Sippy cup
-          Fruit snacks and crackers
-          Tissues
-          Hand sanitizer
-          Bags for poopy diapers
-          Hair clip
-          Band aids

No comments:

Post a Comment