Sunday, March 25, 2012

Felt Fries

Today I spent the day with my grandmother. Chad was away in Florida for the weekend so I made sure I kept myself pretty busy! Thank goodness we had no trips to the emergency room this time. After shopping a bit, we stopped by McDonalds for a quick bite to eat. While my grandmother waited in line to order, Weston at some cantaloupe which he finally figured out he loves it. She bought Weston a chicken nugget happy meal and of course he LOVED the fries. As we were cleaning up the trash and getting ready to leave I thought it would be a good idea to save the cute little fry pouches for Weston's kitchen set. After Weston's 25 minute nap ... yep for the past TWO days he has only slept 25 minutes for each nap which totals not even an hour nap the whole weekend now that we are doing only one nap a day. Ahhhhhhhh. Oh so anyway after his nap, we played with his kitchen set. It is so funny to watch him "pour" his ingredients into the pot and stir it. He really knows what he is doing. I guess he does watch Mommy in the kitchen! While he was busy "cooking", I decided to make felt fries for the little pouches I brought home. All I needed was a half a sheet of yellow felt, yellow DMC, and straws. I thought straws would be an easy material to use to stuff the fries instead of using the polyfil stuffing. Here is how I made them:
1. Cut the felt in strips
2. Fold the felt strips in half
3. Cut the straw to the size needed to fill fry. Place in fry. 
4. Blanket stitch fry closed. 
Tonight I gave the fries to Weston. He liked pouring the fries onto the floor and then putting them back in the pouch. I am trying to teach him how to pretend to eat the food instead of really biting it. He had a few felt hairs in his mouth after playing with the fries! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment