Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Granola Bars

Yesterday Weston and I made homemade Chewy Granola Bars! Weston LOVES cookies and since I think he is one of the pickiest toddlers out there I decided instead of eating 2 mini Oreos after dinner he could eat a chocolate chip granola bar instead. Oats and honey are two healthy ingredients so it  must be a healthier choice!? Click on the link for the recipe: Chewy Granola Bars Recipe
I can tell now that Weston is going to be my little helper in the kitchen. Whenever I make dinner he wants to be right by my side. He watches me stir the noodles or flip the chicken and of course he is yelling HOT the whole time! So I held him most of the time as I made the granola bars. He watched as the Kitchen Aid Mixer mixed all the ingredients. Then we dumped it all in a greased dish and patted the mixture down. Even Weston helped with that! He was all smiles. 
Yum.... he liked the mini chocolate chips!
And then after dinner we enjoyed this yummy treat!

1 comment:

  1. Weston seriously gets cuter every day! Maybe with his love for helping to cook it will grow his love for veggies?

    ReplyDelete