Sunday, July 17, 2011

Taking off...

It seems like my photography business is really taking off! It is a dream job! I am loving every minute!! I cannot believe I actually followed through with my hopes to one day start my own business. It still seems kind of unreal to me! I am having a blast!

At times it is a little overwhelming. Taking pictures of children is hard work! My previous experience as a kindergarten teacher has helped me out tremendously. I am able to get on the children's level and enjoy my time with them as I snap, snap away! But, boy... I sweat my tush off!! I don't know if it is my nerves or if it is hot out, but at the end of the shoot I am soaking wet! 

Right after almost EVERY shoot, I totally panic. Did I do a good job? Did I get enough shots of each kiddo? I should have done this! Oops I wish I did that. Ugh. I just freak out every time. After editing the pictures, I am usually pretty happy with the outcome. I am definitely my own worst critic. 

There is always room to grow. Each day I am learning something new. I am so psyched that I am finally using the manual mode of my camera. I have taught myself all about the aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc. But again... I can learn more. 

This week I am totally booked with photoshoots. I had 2 last week, a family session tomorrow, 3 month photoshoot on Wednesday, and another family on Saturday. I also have a baby girl due on Tuesday (her mama is getting induced). So I am hoping to take her photos before we leave for the beach on Monday.

I am hosting a photo contest on my Facebook page hoping this will get me more fans which will then get me more clients! I hope! To my Harford County/Baltimore county family and friends who are reading...PLEASE recommend me to anyone/everyone you think may need a photographer. I offer gift certificates too!  

And to finish off my post... I just had to share Weston's 7 month photo shoot! I cannot believe it has been 7 months!!!!! We had so much fun shooting these pictures. My mom would scream, dance, clap, and make funny noises to get Weston to laugh and smile while Uncle Joe was blowing bubbles. Thanks Gaga and Uncle Joe! I cannot wait to get these pictures framed for the bathroom (thanks Katie for the great idea)!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment